|The majority of us have a fear or phobia, however most are manageable and have little impact on our lives|
A Fear could be described as an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger. (Usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight.) A phobia could be described as an extreme and irrational fear of a thing or given situation. So the main difference between the two is usually just about the severity and how much “it” impacts upon the sufferer’s life. Some fears/phobias are triggered by a past traumatic experience. At other times they are created by the sufferer’s thinking, even if real life experiences are at the root of the fear/phobia. This thinking maintains and determines the severity of it. There will usually be strong avoidance behaviour connected with the fear/phobia, accompanied by anxiety, loss of control and panic. There are thousands of fears/phobias, here’s to name a few.
Below is a list of the more common fears and phobias:
- Spiders – Arachnophobia
- Flying – Aviatophobia
- Water – Hydrophobia
- Heights – Acrophobia
- Enclosed spaces – Claustrophobia
- Open spaces – Agoraphobia
- Crowds – Demophobia
- Darkness – Nyctophobia
- Dentists – Odontophobia
- Speaking in public – Glossophobia
- Needles – Aichmophobia
- Death or dying – Thanatophobia
- Being judged or put on the spot – Social Phobia, or Scopophobia.
- Urinating in front of others, shy bladder, paruresis, toilet anxiety or toilet phobia
- Defecating (either alone, or in earshot of others), stools and losing bowel control – Coprophobia, or Corporophobia
Even if your fear/phobia is not listed, the list is not exhaustive. With hypnosis and suggestion therapy it can be overcome. Leaving you feel less anxious, more in control, and more self-confident.
ARRANGE A SKYPE APPOINTMENT NOW FROM THE
COMFORT OF YOUR HOME!